Monday, July 5, 2010

Make-up Bop New Guerlain Meteorites Perles Illuminating Powder

I am super excited with this product, I have been wanting to try this for the longest time but for $56.00, I shy away from it every time, maybe because I can already get at least 3 MAC lipsticks or 4 eye shadow refills for the money. However, I find myself lusting for other products that are non MAC, I feel like I am getting a bit bored with their collections, so I decided to try other products that I have been eyeing for a while. This is one of them. According to their site, the Meteorites Perles Illuminating Powder was inspired by light .When white light passes through a prism, it separates into a spectrum of different colours. Inversely, all of these colours together recreate ideal light. This is the principle behind the decomposition and recomposition of light. In photography and film, white light is used to erase imperfections and soften features. In 1987, Guerlain decided to use this technology to add dazzling radiance to women’s faces and thus created Météorites... In 2010, Météorites have added a new chapter to their legend. Evanescence, lightness, and transparency … They now come in 3 new colour harmonies, holding the secret to the purest radiance ever for each skin tone. Rose, Beige and Dore.
         I bought Teint Rose, which has all 5 colors for correcting skin tone, decreasing dullness and redness as well as providing a nice sheer radiance for the face as well as making it look more luminous. I did not bother swatching it because it won't show anyway, but the effect can be seen when applied over the face to finish up your make-up. The scent is really pleasing, it is of violets. A brush is also made especially for this, however any round full brush will do. I have never owned a meteorites powder before but I got lucky because this summer they revamped their packaging and changed it from the regular cardboard type to this really chic aluminum container with an etched floral pattern on the cover. Just having it on my vanity is eye candy enough :)
My Points:
(+) very nice and classy packaging
(+) multipurpose powder
(+) a well loved and proven product 
(+) adds radiance and luminosity to skin
(-) pricey @ $56.00
(-) bulky for travel but there is a pressed form which is about $10 more.
To know more about the wonders of this product, the Sephora website has a section devoted to this.

No comments: