Friday, July 16, 2010

Chanel Camera Case Purse - a review

I have a bag reveal for you guys...my new Chanel Camera Case in Matte Grey with Ruthenium Hardware.
Honestly I did not really expect this bag this year because I was really lusting over the Jumbo Black Caviar flap with SH however I stumbled upon a picture of this purse and I fell in love with it as well. Now I heart both purses but of course I can only get just one more purse this year and the other will have to wait, so I decided to get the Camera Case because it is more limited. I read that it is sold out in stores and since it is not part of Chanel's permanent line then no one knows when it will be available again. However I could also be wrong. What is true though is that these bags were on sale for up to 30% off last fall 2009 at Neiman Marcus and I can only imagine how hard it is to track one down with all the Chanel lovers out there. However, I was fortunate enough to find an online seller with it. It is BNIB with tags and I got it at 30% off the original price as well. If she got it on sale and decided to sell it to me at the same price, I will never know and I don't care because I still got it cheaper. The seller is an active TPfer (the purse forum, which I am also a member of) and was so accommodating through out the transaction. The bag in its original box, dust bag, cards and gift wrapped! Thanks again girl! See for yourself :)
 I got the Large size in Grey distressed calf skin leather with Ruthenium Hardware which I think originally came out in Fall 2008 and was still produced through out 2009. I've only seen this purse on magazines being carried around by celebrities and I always thought it looked very classic and chic, it has that vintage look to it as well. It is very light weight, roomy and very easy to pair with any outfit. Plus, I don't own any grey bags yet. I like that it is not as common as other Chanel purses, so I feel extra special when I carry it around. I was told Sarah Jessica Parker actually carried this bag in an episode of Sex and the City :)  Ohh Chanel, I fell for you again!

2 comments:

My Fashion Juice said...

Congrats on your new purse! Oh yes, Sarah Jessica Parker has one in real life! The Chanel Camera bag is included in my must-have bag list and I also want it in gray. I plan to get a flap in black, a gst in beige and finally a camera bag in gray. A red Chanel flap is also one of the most-coveted bags but it may be too much for me already. And we will see if the budget permits. LOL. Well, I can only get one each year though. So it's gonna be a long time before I complete my must-have bag list. :) Congrats on your blog!

Lady Magenta said...

Thanks MFJ, I think we have the same purchases in mind, LOL, except for the GST in beige, I think I'll do flap with that as well...but I so want a Balenciaga as well, OH NO!