Thursday, May 20, 2010

Make-up Bop Revlon and Milani Lipgloss Review

Lately, I have been scoping my local drugstore for cheaper alternative make-up that can help save me some money for my upcoming big purchase in a few months. So far, I have found a cheaper alternative foundation, eye shadow, blush, lipstick and mascara. I will review the foundation on my next post. Now I have found cheaper alternative lipglosses that work fairly well. Let me present a few of Revlon's Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Peach Petal (ltd) Pink Whisper (reg) and Lilac Pastelle (ltd).


Peach Petal - opaque enough to nude out lips, gives you a milky light peach finish but has tendency to settle into lines. Better worn over a peach hue lipstick.

Pink Whisper- buildable to give off an opaque pearly pink finish, my favorite out of the 3. Can be worn on its own.


Lilac Pastelle - similar to Peach Petal, opaque enough to give off a milky lilac finish but is easier to smooth out than Peach Petal. Can be worn on its own for a light hue on lips or over pink or purple lipstick.

My Points
(+) cheap and affordable about $7.00 each
(+) non sticky, smooth and fairly easy to apply.
(+) has decent color pay off and a good range of finishes from opaque to sheer
(+) no funky smell and nice packaging
(-) some are limited edition
(-) cannot be swatched in the store because of the seal

Now, I have also discovered Milani's 3D Glitzy Glamour Gloss and bought 2 out of the 5 available. They have been compared to MAC's dazzleglasses due to the very sparkly finish it delivers. I have them in Stylish and Movie Star.


Stylish - is a bright coral orange that has decent pay off. It appears sheer but the dazzle in this gloss definitely stands out. Perfect for summer!
Movie Star - appears sheer but with a good hint of blue and purple hue, this would rock the lips when worn over a purple or a blue-pink lipstick.

My Points
(+) cheap and affordable about $7.00 each
(+) non sticky, sheer but with a good amount of dazzle/shimmer, I agree with it being very comparable to MAC dazzleglasses.
(+) brush applicator
(+) no funky smell
(-) tacky packaging
(-) limited range

No comments: