Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Make-up Bop- NARS sheer glow foundation and Laguna Bronzer

Time for my 1st make-up post, I recently purchased NARS sheer glow foundation in shade Punjab.This foundation is described as a silky fluid foundation that delivers immediate hydration evens skin tone and leaves the skin brighter and more radiant. When used daily, skin's texture improves over time, becomes softer, smoother and more luminous. It provides weightless and buildable coverage with a natural radiant finish.  According to the NARS website, it is for normal to dry skin types, however I can strongly say  that it also works for me very well despite my skin type being more on the oily-combination category. I love how smooth it blends and how light weight it feels. It does emit a glow but not overly dewy and the finish is more of like a satin finish to me. It lasts about 6-8 hours for me with hardly no touch ups. On average, it definitely gives me a good medium coverage but it can be less or more depending on how much is needed. Once it has settled and blended into the skin, it emits a healthy glow that I really love and have been looking for in a foundation. It is like the expensive alternative to my Revlon Photo Ready Foundation, less shimmery I guess. Anyways I find that it is best when buffed into the skin with a buffer brush or a brush similar to a MAC 109 (which I use) than a stippling or synthetic foundation brush. Less is good with this foundation. At this point, it has not broken me out. A major plus for me! It is quite expensive for an everyday type of foundation, however it is a great one to use if desired. FYI: sheer glow does not mean its coverage, I'm pretty sure it means the effect you get from the foundation - a sheer glow- :) 
My points:
(+) light weight, blends easily and has buildable coverage
(+) emits a "sheer glow" perfect for that healthy and natural look this summer
(+) no break-out...so far (2 weeks use)
(+) long lasting enough for an 8 hour day (blotting and retouching will prolong its coverage even more)
(-) expensive $42.00/bottle for 30mL
(-) has no pump
(-) if you're skin type is excessively oily then the "sheer glow" might be too much for you, try the other type called sheer matte instead.

Since I needed a bronzer for the summer, I decided to get the infamous Laguna Bronzing Powder from NARS as well. The MA who did my make-up at the NARS counter in Nordstrom used it on me and I liked how natural it looked on someone fair like me. FYI: I do not tan in the summer because I do not like exposing my self to the sun, it's one of my major skin care rules. So I have to fake my "sun-kissed" look everytime he!he! Laguna is not too dark nor is it too orange or golden for me as other bronzers I've seen, so I happily dust it on my face every single day since I've purchased it and i'm loving it. It definitely gave my face enough warmth and glow that's perfect for summer! Again, less is good with this powder. All skin tones would definitely fit. It is described as brown with golden shimmer. FYI: I wear an NC20 from MAC so I am fair with yellow undertones. I highly recommend it! No (-)s at all. The price is worth it!  $32.00 for 8 grams of product.


I'm still hesitant if I should show pictures of looks I've created with products I do a review on. I'm still a bit shy on that area. I'll see, maybe after a few more posts :0 More make-up reviews to follow!



No comments: