Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Make-up Bop -N.Y.C. Blushable Creme Sticks

I found a new love! well 2 new loves, the newest colors of N.Y.C.'s blushable creme sticks are just to-die-for! I am super impressed with this product. I looked at their website but they don't have it posted, which baffled me because these products are amazing and should be marketed well! Basically, I'll describe it based on my opinion, it is a cream blush in stick form, similar to MAC's paint sticks and NARS multiples. It is cream not gel so they are not like the Tarte Cheek Stains in terms of consistency. I find it can be applied with fingers or an angled or stippling brush. I like using my MAC 168 angled blush brush for it.

I bought 2 shades, I think it is part of their spring/summer collection, I am not sure if there are other colors. I got wild berry and pink flash. I love them both but I love the second one more.

Wild Berry - true pink, blends into a nice rosy pink on the cheek once applied.
Pink Flash - bright peachy-pink, blends exactly into a bright peach pink hue on the cheek once applied.








wild berry (right)
pink flash (left)










wild berry swatch (right)
pink flash swatch (left)













My points:
(+) cheap and affordable
(+) long lasting! about 10 hours at work and I'm not kidding! (a little bit goes a long way and if you apply a similar blush hue then it lasts even longer!)
(+) non greasy...at least it for me it does not feel that way and I am an oily-combination skin type.
(+) blends so easily and definitely buildable!
(+) emits a light sheen, no shimmer, so perfect for nice healthy glowing cheeks ;)
(+) no break-outs yet
(-) maybe limited edition :( 
It is definitely worth the $4.00/stick for 8 grams of product. It is a good bargain for this season! Grab yours now!

No comments: